DRAGEN-GATK is here! Combining Illumina's hardware accelerated data analysis platform with the Broad Institute's variant discovery pipelines, DRAGEN-GATK takes two great things and makes them even better.
Illumina's DRAGEN (Dynamic Read Analysis for GENomics) has improved the speed and accuracy of genomic data processing across the board, making it even easier to run and analyze large-scale sample sets.
GATK (Genomic Analysis ToolKit) is the industry standard for identifying SNPs and indels in germline DNA and RNAseq data. Developed by the Broad Institute, it is already utilized to analyze genomic and clinical data around the world.
DRAGEN-GATK provides researchers with tools that are fast, reproducible, and accurate. In addition, the DRAGEN-GATK Best Practices contains open-source workflows that are compatible between Illumina's platforms and mainstream infrastructure.
- Nov 23, 2021 - Introducing DRAGMAP, the new genome mapper in DRAGEN-GATK
What is DRAGMAP, and how does it compare to BWA-MEM?
- Aug 7, 2021 - GATK 22.214.171.124 release
A technical overview of the features of GATK 126.96.36.199, including additional updates to DRAGEN in GATK.
- Mar 9, 2021 - From GATK 4.1 to 4.2: Two years of updates in a nutshell
A general overview of the features that have been developed for GATK 188.8.131.52, including tools and pipelines implemented from DRAGEN into GATK.
- Feb 24, 2021 - GATK 4.2 release
A technical overview of the features of GATK 4.2, including tools and pipelines implemented from DRAGEN into GATK.
- Jan 15, 2021 - New Year update — GATK takes on 2021
Starting the year off with a DRAGEN-GATK update.
- Sep 21, 2020 - DRAGEN-GATK update: Upcoming webinar and pipeline release timeframe
What are our expected feature releases for DRAGEN-GATK?
- Feb 19, 2020 - DRAGEN-GATK Update: Let's get more specific
DRAGEN's algorithm improvements were developed by the DRAGEN team, which our team is currently porting to the open-source GATK package.
- Functional equivalence in DRAGEN-GATK
How do we determine functional equivalence for outputs generated using DRAGEN-GATK?
- DRAGEN-GATK whole genome germline pipeline for variant discovery
Terra workspace for whole-genome germline sequence data pre-processing using the DRAGEN-GATK mode, following the GATK's Best Practices for preprocessing and Germline Short Variant Discovery.
- DRAGEN-GATK Whole Genome Germline Featured Workspace - A short video showcasing new DRAGEN features in the DRAGEN-GATK Whole Genome Germline featured workspace.
- Evaluating functional equivalence between variant calling pipelines - A short presentation delivered by Michael Gatzen at the Bioinformatics Open Source Conference, part of ISMB 2021 (Jul 30, 2021).
- DRAGEN-GATK Best Practices - A webinar presented by Eric Banks, and hosted by GenomeWeb, highlighting the improvements to methods implemented in the new DRAGEN-GATK pipeline (Sep 29, 2020).
- BioIT 2018 - Leaders of both the Broad and Illumina speak about what this collaboration means for genomic analysis and what it means for the future of the research community.